Sunday 9 March 2014

Review - Collection Deluxe Lipstick / Silent Movie

Review




"A range of creamy lipsticks for a luxury feel with new season colour. Deluxe Lipsticks offer that special something to take you from your everyday look to cocktail hour, with a sweep of divine colour and sumptuous finish. Encased in a decadent metalized pack- making it the true lip of Luxury!" Boots website.

Available in five (5) shades: Prohibition, Talullah, Charleston, Speakeasy and Silent Movie

I own this lipstick in Silent Movie and here are my thoughts:

Variety
 I think it is pretty obvious that this lipstick range lacks in variety. There are only 5 shades available and they consist of different shades of red and pink. I would love to see more variety, maybe some orange shades or brown ones.

Price
 This lipstick retails for £3.99, which is a really good price. However it is less than a pound cheaper than the Seventeen Stay Pout lipstick (review - here) which has fifteen different shades. 


Packaging

 Although the packaging of this lipstick is pretty standard, I love the metalized packaging. I think it adds a touch of 'luxury' to the packaging and it makes it look a bit more expensive than it actually is. A definite plus for me was that the colour shown at the bottom part of the lipstick was the exact same as the lipstick, I know it sounds weird but it happened to me before, that the colour shown didn't match the colour of the lipstick.

  
Ease of use

 I love the formula of this lipstick, it is a creamy and soft formula which makes it super easy to apply. It applies evenly and the pigmentation is amazing. However you have to be very careful when applying it as this lipstick leaves a kind of stain which is impossible to take of, I avoid applying this lipstick when I am in a rush. 

The result

 I love the pigmentation of this lipstick, as you can see from the picture it applies evenly and it is really pigmented. The finish of this lipstick is a glossy one, without any shimmers or glitters. As it is a creamy formula it is really moisturizing which is definitely a plus, especially for me as my lips are really dry at the moment. I would recommend using a lip liner with this lipstick as it transfers around your lips. One thing that is really annoying with this lipstick is its smell, it has a very intense smell which I am not very happy with.

Longevity

This lipstick is definitely not a long lasting one, I was really disappointed by the staying power of it. It can last up to 2 hours. However considering that the Shiseido Shimmering Rouge Lipstick (review - here) lasts only up to 4 hours, I think for its price the lasting power isn't that bad.

Round Up

Pros
  • Good Price
  • Nice metalized packaging
  • A glossy finish without any shimmers or glitters
  • True to its colour
  • Very pigmented 
  • Easy to apply
  • Even application
  • Moisturising
Cons
  • Not many shades available
  • Short lasting power
  • Intense smell
  • Transfers and leaves stains

 If you are looking for a good price, very pigmented, moisturising lipstick, which provides even application and you don't mind reapplying it every couple of hours then you should give this lipstick a try.

Thanks for reading:)
xxxx





22 comments:

  1. Wow this color looks smoking hot on you. Red totally suits your complexion.
    Happy Monday doll.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that colour so much! A girl can never have too much red lippy ;)

    xo
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lip colour looks great on you!
    Moisturising?Then I must try it if I see this brand around.
    Thanks for sharing.
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like a nice lipstick! This colour looks great on you :)

    http://helentsokana.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color!

    New post! http://hiddenndreamms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems really nice! I love that color and it looks gorgeous on you! ;)
    Have a great week! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning colour on you...you look so beautiful :-)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lush and beautiful shade, looks so radiant on you hun, love that its a bold red. I appreciate you taking the time to visit. May your week be creatively composed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how red lips look on you! Nice review, I really need a new red lipstick xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. too bad that i dont look good with red lipstick :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful color :)
    have a nice day xx
    fashion-madam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is really beautful color, I wish I would look as beautiful as you with red lipstick on :)
    Muilo Burbulai

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's nothing as great as a good red lipstick! You made good choice.

    I'm follow on GFC, and if you'd like, I'd love if you could follow back!

    Audrey
    www.lululinden.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. this color looks amazing on you!:) great post!♥

    www.Lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely color I want it now!

    http://ladyparisienne.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  16. The color looks super gorgeous <3

    http://www.vonvogue.com/
    New Post: Almost Black
    xx, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are very beautiful, with a lipstick! Coquette)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi darling,
    Is a nice shade and have a great price, I think combined with other product... primer or something you will keep longer on your lips.
    kisses
    About women and not only Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks fab on you! Such a great shade and I loveeee the name! There is nothing more classic than a bold red lip.

    i can’t afford my lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your lovely comments:)xx
Make sure to leave your blog link, so I can check it out!x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...